Friday, February 3, 2012

Chicken or Pork and Cabbage Stir Fry

Okay, if you don't know it yet, I love, love, love Asian food, especially Chinese, and here is a simple and easy cabbage stiry fry that I added a quart bottle of chicken to, along with bean sprouts and topped with crunchy chinese noodles.  Once again I found the base recipe on allrecipes, but I am not sure if I have ever made a recipe without somehow changing, adapting, or adopting something else into it or out of--I guess that is why I enjoy cooking so much, because I can make it however I want!


Ingredients

  • 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 pound shredded cabbage (I used about 1 head)
  • 1 tablespoon soy sauce
  • 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine (Shaoxing wine) (I use apple cider vinegar)
  • 1 sliced onion
  • 1 quart shredded chicken
  • 1 can bean sprouts
  • We use brown rice for a base, but you can use white if that is what you eat, or some kind of chinese noodles?
  • Top with crunchy noodles

Directions

  1. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the garlic, and cook for a few seconds until it begins to brown. Stir in the cabbage until it is coated in oil; cover the wok, and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the soy sauce, and cook and stir for another minute. Increase the heat to high, and stir in the Chinese cooking wine. Cook and stir until the cabbage is tender, about 2 minutes more. You may need to increase the liquids, add the onion first, then the cabbage and then the sprouts and chicken to heat through, you can also use a bit of cornstarch and broth to thicken a bit!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for letting us know this chicken, cabbage and Pork Stir Fry, This recipe looks good and delicious. I hope when I cook it I can make it perfect. Keep on sharing!

    ReplyDelete