Thursday, June 16, 2011

Lasagna Stuffed Shells

Okay, I got my hubby on this one.  He was not very excited, but by the time he tried it, he had admit that it was pretty darn wonderful!

I cooked a whole box of jumbo pasta shells, and drained.  In the mean-time I mixed 3 cups cottage cheese with 2 eggs, about a cup and a half of shredded mozzarella, though it called for the 1/2 to be parmesan I didn't have any on hand and didn't miss it too much.   Also add 2 Tbs of dried parsley and a teaspoon of salt and 1/2 tsp of black pepper.  Mix that and fill the shells. 
For the sauce, I used a big can of Hunt's spaghetti sauce, and 1 lb of ground sausgage, though the recipe called for beef and had it's own sauce.  Pour the sauce over the stuffed shells in a 9x13 pan and sprinkle with another 1/2 cup of mozzarella.  Bake at 375 for about 45 minutes!!
My kids all loved it--which was shocking, because there is always one that doesn't.  They normally like lasagna, but with chicken and not with sausage, so I was happily surprised.

1 Box Jumbo Shells
3 cup Cottage Chees
2 eggs
2 cup mozzarella (or 1/2 of it parmesan)
2 Tbsp Dried Parsley
1 tsp Salt
1/2 Tsp pepper
1 Large can Spaghetti Sauce
1 lb ground sausage

No comments:

Post a Comment