Thursday, June 16, 2011

Crepes

Crepes--Oh La La!
Okay, I have to tell you that I am not allowed to make these very often, because we don't just have crepes, we have crepes with all the fixings.  Recently we had family up and one told that her mom made these a lot, but later she said that they just eat butter and sprinkled sugar on them.....oh, no, if you are going to eat crepes you must have cream cheese and powdered sugar and fruit, and okay, let me just give a favorite recipes for fillings that I have come up with, after the crepe recipe.

Crepes:
2 eggs
1 cup milk
2/3 cup flour
1 pich salt
1 1/2 tsp veg oil

Mix all in the blender--I usually double this for my family and it still might come up short.  It also said on the allrecipe.com site wher I got this from that you should refrigerate for one hour, but I never have and it is always great.  Cook 1/4 cup at a time in a heated, greased, or oiled, non-stick pan on both sides until golden brown.

Toppings and Fillings

Raspberry Cream:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 jar raspberry jam
blend and stuff!!

Lemon Sauce
(Which is awesome over the raspbery cream-filled crepe):
1 C Water
1/4 C Karo Syrup
(this originally called for honey or maple syrup, but I didn't hink it did the job and switched to Karo which was perfect)
1/4 C Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp Cornstarch
1 tsp lemon peel

Comine all but peel in saucepan over med. heat until clear and slightly thick.  Remove from heat and add peel.

Cream Cheese and your Favorite Jam:
Just take some softened cream cheese, mix in your favorite jam to the consistency that you can spread on a crepe, roll and eat!!

My favorite??  Strawberry Plum Jelly that I made--sweet and tart, yum!

My kids also like their crepes with plain maple syrup and sprinkled with powdered sugar. 
Or, just add jam, peanut butter, or both.
One that I have yet to try is adding chocolate chips and sliced banana after you flip the crepe, so the chocolate melts!
Or just whipped cream and fruit.

I'd LOVE to hear your favorites!!
 

Lemon Cream:
1 8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/4 cup powdered sugar
1 Tbsp Lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 small whipped cream
Blend all but whip cream, which you fold in after.
You can add fruit to this, or not.  We love to fill the crepe with the lemon cream and top with a flavored syrup, like chokecherry, blueberry, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment