Thursday, June 16, 2011

Pizza and Breadsticks, Our Favorite--OH YUM!

Okay, this is an at least once a month staplein our home--and a request by family when they come to visit .  I love to make pizza and breadsticks, almost as much as I love to eat it and am pretty prejudice about my pizza versus most other kinds whether from a restaraunt or store.

Here's the breadstick recipe:
Breadsticks
3 C Warm Water
2 Tbsp Yeast
4 Tbsp Sugar
1 tsp Salt
6 C Flour
 
Mix and rest 10 minutes.
Melt ½ cube of butter. Now you can either pour the butter onto two jelly roll pans, or save it to brush on. Sometimes (this is the quickest method) I divide dough into tow halves and roll each half the size of the pan, put it on the pan in the butter, flip it over, so it gets butter on the top, then sprinkle with garlic salt and parmesan cheese from the shaker. After that I take a pizza cutter and cut down the middle length-wise and in one-two in strips width-wise. When I am ambitious, I cut into strips, twist, put on the pan, brush with butter, and sprinkle with salt and cheese. These kind are better spaced apart from each other. They then rise for 19 minutes in an oven that was warmed to 200 degrees and then shut off. At the end of the 19 minutes turn the oven on to 375 and bake for 20 minutes.


Now, onto the pizza!!  For the pizza I follow the same recipe for the dough as the breadsticks.  I can get two deep dish pizzas on cookie sheets, or one deep dish and a pan of breadsticks and a small (round) thinner crust pizza out of one batch., or two large rounds and one smaller.
Barbeque Chicken Pizza
I fry sliced onion and green pepper on the stove first, then use my favorite BBQ sauce for the pizza sauce.  After that comes the onions and peppers and diced or shredded chicken and mozzarella.

Hawaiian and Sausage Pizza's
Hawaiian is of course done with canadian bacon and tidbit pineapple, so that takes up one half  and our kids love country-style sausage browned and put on their half.


'Cowboy' Pizza
Stealing the name from Papa Murphy's my parents were coming out one time and my mom said that my dad liked the 'cowboy' kind, so I did what I could with what I had and now it is a favorite.  It has pepperoni, sausage, diced olives and canned mushrooms.  Even for people who might not like olives or mushrooms, it is wirth a try!!


 More favorites are:
Chicken Alfredo:
Alfredo as the sauce, shredded chicken and mozzarella, sprinkled with parmesan and diced green onion.
Pepperoni:
Lots of pepperoni, lots of cheese!
Taco:
Refried beans are used instead of sauce, ground beef or chicken, and cheese, you can use onions, tomatos, peppers, whatever floats your boat.  Top with sour cream, salsa and shredded lettuce, too!

Valentine's Day Dinner










No comments:

Post a Comment