Thursday, June 16, 2011

Stuffed Chicken and Pasta

This is known as 'Chicken Eileen" on the allrecipes site--1 pkg of stuffing mix prepared and 8 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, and 16 slices of mozzarella.
Pound out the chichekn to 1/2 inch thick and place a slice of cheese and scoop of stuffing on each breast before closing with toothpicks.  Top each with the other slices of cheese.  Bake in a greased 9 x 13 --the recipe said 25 minutes at 350, it took me 15 minutes longer and I upped the last 50 minutes to 375.

Then, I needed a side dish, so here is what I came up with, thinking my family would maybe hate it....SURPRISE!!!  THEY LOVED IT!

Tiny pasta shells, I guess a 16 oz bag?  I am so bad at recipes, since I just throw everything in.  Cook according to package.  Then I sprinled a bunch of pramesan cheese--and I only had the dried, in the shaker.  Then, I added a bag of frozen corn (I think when we froze it from the garden last year that I put three cups in each bag).  I used garlic salt and pepper to my liking and tossed it in olive oil over low heat.  Can I say YUM one more time!

No comments:

Post a Comment